Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Multi-Factor Authentication Concern

From: "Chris Barber" <cmbarber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:59:11 -0700

OK, lets take this down to the very basics.  single factor authentication.....
If Bob were to think about it just a bit harder it would be obvious to
him as well.
If Sally new Mike's Username and used her password she would not get
in, even though both were values in the authentication database.

Now we expand the Database to hold more fields (Identity, Password,
Retina Print, Badge number, etc.).  All feilds must match one record
in the database or no access is allowed.

                             Secure Programming 101...

My thoughts, simple as they are.
Chris.