Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: FW: SSL Certificate: Any Recommendations on Specific Vendors

From: "kevin fielder" <kevin.fielder () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:07:13 +0100

Hi,

Have a look at:

http://www.whichssl.com/

They offer various comparisons of vendors.

If you are in the market for a certificate currently I'd advise looking
at the new 'enhanced' / 'Extended validation' certificates offered by
some vendors such as verisign.  These integrate with IE7 and recent
versions of firefox and actually turn the entire address bar green when
you visit a site using them which help customers see that the site is
secure.

Currently these are a nice differentiator, and I would think it wont be
long until a lot of shopping / financial sites will be using them soon.

Cheers

Any Recommendations on Specific Vendors?