Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: All-in-one Spam/Virus Solution

From: "Joel Pippin" <joel () securena com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:50:13 -0400

My clients are very happy with the IronPort Blocker I procured last month.
If you have 3 grand or so to put towards a solution that actually works with
reliable support, then I recommend a gateway like this one. I have a few
admin friends who are happy with Barracuda, but I've read that the false
positives are pretty high. Another thing that swayed me was that Dell uses
IronPort and that IronPort's SenderBase reputation scoring is relied upon
industry-wide.

I'm still waiting for my SpamAssassin clients to stop complaining about how
bad spam has become.

- J Pippin