Security Basics mailing list archives

FDE Solutions

From: "Yousef Syed" <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:52:19 +0200

Hi,
I have a question about FDE. I've never installed an FDE so I have
next to no idea about them - the only one I've ever used was a
boot-time Pointsec FDE on a corporate Laptop I was using.

I've had my personal Laptop for almost a year. I'd like to install an
FDE on it, but I'd like to do so without breaking any of my underlying
installs.
Is it possible to retro-fit an FDE system on to the Laptop; or should
I first take an image of the laptop, and then rebuild it with the FDE
installed, first?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ys

--
Yousef Syed