Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote Desktop, DMZ

From: "Nick Vaernhoej" <nick.vaernhoej () capitalcardservices com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:39:57 -0500

Ed,

A remote accessible system such as Windows Server 2003 with remote
desktop enabled is an easy way to get access like you describe.
Here we have VPN clients connect from the internet to a DMZ where our
remote access system is located. This system (Server 2003) is not on the
domain. After connecting to the system users then have to connect from
the DMZ to LAN on TCP/3389 since we are using Windows remote desktop.
For you to get access to your application server you also simply should
be able to allow access on the port(s) required.

Nick Vaernhoej