Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Audit Windows files/folders

From: "James Winzenz" <James.Winzenz () Pulte com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:54:33 -0700

Yup, enabling auditing on the folder(s) in question will accomplish what
you want, at no cost.  Only thing to be mindful of is to only enable
auditing for the specific actions you want to catch.  If you enable
auditing for all users against all actions, you will end up getting tons
of events logged, which will make your job more difficult.

James