Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hex editor

From: "crazy frog crazy frog" <i.m.crazy.frog () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:47:19 +0530

hi,
a hexeditor is not enough for that task.you need to use debugger ,
dissemblers also.as far as heaxeditors winhex is good enough.or u can
try the old school HIEW.

On 4/18/07, dallas jordan <dallas.jordan () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to start trying to do some reverse engineering of
malware, just for learning purposes and I'd like to get some opinions
on a good hex editor.  Preferably freeware and beginner friendly, if
there is such.  I have looked at a couple, but wasn't sure if one was
much better than another.  I wanted to get some more experienced
user's thoughts.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

--
http://www.secgeeks.com

http://www.newskicks.com
Submit and kick for new stories from all around the world.