Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Concepts: Security and Obscurity

From: <security () calculateddecision com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 20:55:06 -0500

This is an interesting piece for sure.

It however doesn't address one of my primary concerns regarding obscurement
as a means of providing even "additional" security.  My concern is that
these exotic measures might provide some false sense of security outside of
the immediate business unit.  What these measures actually provide could
easily be distorted or misrepresented.

Does obscurity really have a place in an enterprise IT shop?  I think
probably not.

Does it have a place for a one man army with a pc server at home?  Maybe.

Great write-up Daniel, thanks for sharing.

# Anthony Towry