Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: Proxy detecting script

From: knowthebird () gmail com
Date: 6 Sep 2006 21:56:16 -0000

It first checks the headers of the browser.  Then it tries to connect to the remote ip address on port 80 and look for
keywords that would normally be on a site hosting a proxy.  This would be really cool if it worked, but so far it
hasn't and I'm not sure it is something I can fix.  I'm hoping it might pick up one or two in the future though.  Then
it searches through three lists of known proxies or tor servers for an ip that matches the remote users.