Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: user default password checking tool

From: Terry Lowery <tlowery () swiftsystems com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:12:47 -0400

Machiavel,
That is a good question. I am not sure that it will raise the bad login count. The function is not logging in it is changing the password.
I will have to check this out.
Terry

Terry Lowery - tlowery () SwiftSystems com
Systems Engineer - Swift Systems, Inc.
Your True Technology Partner
www.SwiftSystems.com
Toll Free : 877-Swift-Si
Local : 301-682-5100
Fax : 301-682-5082

    - Hosting and Collocation
    - Broadband Internet Access for Business
    - Network Engineering and Support Services

Machiavel wrote:
Terry,

Nice script idea but one question, if you choosed to block the account
after let's say 3 unseccesful attempts, is your script going to count
as one attempt ??

Thanks