Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comptia Linux+, Security+

From: "sun sadm" <sunsadm () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:28:27 +0200

On 9/21/06, Michal Merta <michal.merta () gmail com> wrote:
Hi list,

have any of you obtained $SUBJ certifications already?
I saw objectives and sample questions and it looks like pretty easy.
Is it usefull to have it or not?
Thanks, Michal

--
Michal Merta
Network Security Engineer

By reading your signature "network security engineer" I say its
absolutely useless to pay around 400$ for those foundation exams.
Nobody will give you a job as engineer because of CompTIA
certifications.

I took the Linux+ beta exam (disclaimer I work in UNIX/Linux
environment) and there were so silly simple questions. Mostly desktop
oriented.

Additionally I took the Security+ exam (disclaimer I don't work in
security field) and it was not very complicated. If you know a little
bit PKI (for example Open SSH) and some other foundation stuff it is
very easy to pass.