Security Basics mailing list archives

IP Obfuscation

From: divinepresence () gmail com
Date: 16 Sep 2006 21:26:14 -0000

Hi all
I was working on a project for which I needed to test my tool with live
data. But the sysadmin said he cudn't let me use live data because of
privacy issues. He suggested that I use IP obfuscation so that the privacy
of where the data is going to is maintained. Is there any tool that lets you
change headers on the fly? It goes without saying that this is a gigabit
network and the tool should be able to handle everything without dropping.

How effective do you think a kernel module would have been in doing this
obfuscation? I am already using Netfilter hooks to pick up packets from the
MAC layer.

Thanks
Ankur Jindal