Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Suggestion needed

From: "Andrew Williams" <Andrew () Syngress com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:57:43 -0400

 We actually have both of these books on sale right now for $15, which
includes hard copy and PDF:
http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=2490
http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=2890

-Andrew

Andrew Williams
Vice President & Publisher
Syngress Publishing
www.syngress.com

Hi chen

I suggest you to read "How To Own The Box"
and "How to OWn The Continent"
the Excerpts are scattered on the internet.
or if youre lucky googling,
you can find the full version of the book.

the book gives a lot of scenario about "real people"
and "real problem" on IT Security.

maybe by reading one of the stories on the books you will get
inspiration on what path you going to choose..

the others, please enlighten me..

-Mozart-

Hi, list:

I have been in web app development for a few years, now I
have been in
security field over a year, seems I am pretty interested
about hacker
techniques, malware analysis and IDS stuff, felt little bit
hesitated
get into any day to day network management job like ACL, VPN account
management, but I know knowledge about firewalls and routers
are also
important for a security professional, but I am not sure how deep I
should dig into this area.=20 Another concern is my language
limitation
and my nationality, I am from China, I feel it would be a
barrier for
me to get into forensic field since they demand very good
presentation
skills and high clearance.=20 So, what will be the right
path for me to
avoid my weakness and still have a career I enjoy? Pen-testing?
Incident response? web app testing?

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of
Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program
offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case
study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this
esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus