Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Verifying E-Mail Addresses

From: Robert Inder <robert () interactive co uk>
Date: 26 Oct 2006 11:48:32 +0100

Mister Dookie writes:
    > Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:02:32 -0400
    > To: security-basics () securityfocus com
    > Subject: Verifying E-Mail Addresses

    > Hello list,

    > I do recognize that somebody can enter a valid e-mail address that
    > does not belong to them, but we are trying to address one issue at a
    > time. At this point we are just trying to prevent people who give us
    > "dude () dude com" from getting on to our network.

How much effort effort is it worth spending to prevent your network being
used by those people who do not know a single valid email address?

    > Thanks,
    > John

Robert.

--
Robert Inder            Tel: 0131 229 1052        Interactive Information Ltd,
Director                Mobile: 07808 492 213            3, Lauriston Gardens,