Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB sticks on pubic computers security

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 21:56:57 +0200

On 2006-10-20 Lars wrote:
I am already using encryption on it. But what if I need a way to read
the encryption content on an unsecure computer?

Then you're doomed. Period. If you can read the data, anyone who is in
control of the host can too.

Without it being copied. What I think im looking for is a way to lock
a file for reading. Or deny all reading exept an text editor on the
memory stick or something..

Forget it. If something can be read, it can be copied.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."