Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security procedure question

From: "Cort Boecking" <cort.boecking () lottery ok gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:37:49 -0500

We had our users write their passwords down without a corresponding
username, if they had to, and keep them in their wallet or purse like a
credit card.  We taught them this method in security awareness classes.
We had very good success with this.  We also went around the office
periodically to ensure that they were not hiding those passwords in
their office area.