Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: eFortresses Security Breaches Matrix

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 12 Oct 2006 17:53:21 -0000

Being an IT professional, I have still found myself skeptical on whether many of these places really know what sort of
information was on any missing laptops. In some cases I am sure someone can say, "I was working on database XYZ" and
they can find that original version on a server somewhere. But I wonder how much is on those laptops, really. I think
about my 450+ system environment with about 200 laptops and I would be hard-pressed to in good confidence report that
ABC was on the laptop but EFG was not.

Does anyone here happen to have solutions or guidance on that? I'm just curious, really.