Security Basics mailing list archives

R: Pix to ASA migration

From: "Massimo Baschieri" <massimo.baschieri () re-ti it>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:04:44 +0200

My question is, if none of fixup protocols are set will that prevent me
from getting out to the internet?  My understanding is that the appliance
just inspects the traffic, I thought that if I set No fixup that it just
wouldn't inspect it.

That's right, fixup isn't needed in order to go out to the internet, it only
adds support for "asymmetric" protocols like ftp or h323 and adds some
application level checks also.
Your problem has to lie elsewhere, maybe in the ips configuration itself.
Bye,
    Max.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus