Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Internet Kiosk

From: David Glosser <david_glosser () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:00:32 -0800 (PST)

In addition to locking down the machine using Group Policies,
look at clean slate http://www.fortresgrand.com/ and the Microsoft shared computer toolkit
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sharedaccess/default.mspx.

Set up a task to restart the computer every evening.

They both will revert a disk back to its saved configuration upon restart.   There are other resources and products,
libraries and universities have had to deal with this problem for years..Good Luck