Security Basics mailing list archives

Value of Nova Southeastern PhD with Security Concentration?

From: Sean Thompson <seant () cableone net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:39:53 -0700

I do know that Nova Southeastern University is accredited and is also a NSA Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance. The list can be found here:

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academia/caemap.cfm

I have applied to Nova and NCU. I have not decided which school to attend but I can tell you that I am sure the PhD will prove worthwhile in the next 5 to 10 years. I think, you will definitely set yourself apart from the pack if you have the top industry certs combined with a PhD. It will put you in a unique company. As the industry evolves, the ones with the experience, certs and degrees will have the upper hand but they have to show competence in all three areas.

Just my opinion

Sean Thompson