Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Reverse Engineering: Legal or illegal?

From: Rockit <speech_freedom2002 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:09:01 -0800 (PST)

You have my full support in your endeavors,
as well as my gratitude.
RE... everyone does it ! From major corporations down to the kid
trying to make his new toy do something cool.
The art of making something better, or cheaper.
Withstanding ALL the arguments of copyrights, or public domain,
what is right or wrong, good law or bad, fair use, the one thing that
is certain... RE WILL continue !

I second the belief that the 'chilling effects' page should be
consulted. I commend Wendy Seltzer for her efforts !
I would also like to suggest you go through Ed Felten's Freedom to
Tinker site : http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/
and also suggest a look at : http://www.eff.org/
EFF's Fair Use and Intellectual Property pages are informative.

Good luck w/ your site !

Rockit

--- evb <swiver () cox net> wrote:

IAAL, and consider the following site a good place to start to think
about
the problem:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/reverse/faq.cgi

Eric