Security Basics mailing list archives

rootedrooted

From: "Dev Null" <devj.nullj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:14:56 +0500

I have slackware version 10.1.0 installed on an Intel P-IV for some
time now and I use this system as desktop. No particular services
running on this machine except

tcp 37 time
tcp 113 auth
tcp 22 ssh

and occasionally I run X on this system as well and some time download email.

Today, I switched on my system and did some usual work. I was busy working
with papers and the monitor went off in the standby mode. After
sometime when I touched the
keyboard the screen came back on. But what made me write this post was
a message below
that appeared on the prompt:

$ rootedrooted

exactly as above. I don't think that it appeared by some accident
pressing of some keys.

(1)How to determine that somebody really rooted this machine?

(2)I would like to know what to do next if so?

Thank you!