Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mcafee security

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 01:09:30 +0100

On 2006-11-01 apaez1084 () yahoo com wrote:
i got a problem. I have all the users computer under a domain. And all
the users are part of the domain user group. So they have very limited
access. The thing about it is that it wont update the computers. I
have to change them to domain administrator. I dont want this users to
administrtor of anything. But i want to keep the mcafee antivirus
updated along with the OS. I give them admin access there goes
everything.

Some one help me with this. I need all computer to download the
updates for mcafee and the OS and anyother software that needs to keep
getting updated.

AFAIK McAfee AntiVirus can be configured to do automatic updates. That's
what you want.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."