Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Problem Disabling "Null Session" on W2K3

From: "Cort Boecking" <cort.boecking () lottery ok gov>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:52:39 -0600

What are the registry values set at?

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com]
On Behalf Of eneko.astorkiza () ieuskadi com
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:18 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Problem Disabling "Null Session" on W2K3

Hi all,

Firstly excuse my english, i'm spanish.

I'm trying to secure some AD servers and i have a problem.

I scan then (w2k3 AD Servers) with Retina and it says that i have "Null
Session" enabled, so it shows all the domain users. (I'm doing with a
machine out of the domain)

The problem is that if i look at the RestrictAnonymous and
RestrictAnonymousSAM registry values, they are ok :-?

Someone knows why i can enumerate the domain users ???

I have also use SuperScan and the same happens.

Un saludo

          Eneko

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE The NSA has
designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in
Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus