Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Unauthorised switchport access

From: "Scott Ramsdell" <Scott.Ramsdell () cellnet com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:25:49 -0500

Gary,

One very simple "pentest", actually recon, would be to patch in and run
ShareEnum from Sysinternals/Microsoft.

This will reveal all of the shares on the network that are configured
for default access, Everyone Full control.

You are of course also open to all of the attacks available once IP
connectivity is established.

Physical access to a switch will allow you to reset the enable password
too.

Kind Regards,
Scott Ramsdell