Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Integrity Monitor for Linux ?

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:01:23 -0300 (ART)

This question has been multiple times in this list
lately :) For file integrity monitor, there is ossec,
osiris, samhain, aide and tripwire (and maybe others
that I forgot). You probably need to test one by one
to see which one fits your needs best.

I would recommend ossec, because it is scalable, easy
to install and configure, but my opinion is biased
since i am the ossec author..

Link to it if you are interested:
http://www.ossec.net

You may be interested in this link too:
http://www.la-samhna.de/library/scanners.html

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid
dcid ( at ) ossec.net

--- "J.Bakshi" <bakshi12 () gmail com> escreveu:

There is tripware; there is AIDE and other.

but which one of them is the best File Integrity
Monitor for Linux ?

thanks

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE -
ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center
of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers
unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched
consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can
earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus