Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What firewall for small medical research lab

From: "adnan () techiesonly com" <adnan () techiesonly com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:52:40 -0400

I'm agree with
Damien Dinh, as he said about PIX-501, even I had used this firewall long
time back and it worked fine. Moreover you can hookup a PC as a Syslog
server so this PIX firewall will fwd all the packets to that PC if you
really want to know what's going on inside and outside.

Going for a hardware based firewall is the best idea. You can also consider
3COM firewall with VPN and they are very simple to configure. You check the
prices and features for both 3Com and Cisco yourself by contacting the
reseller. There are some other brands like Sonicwall, Tippingpoint,
Netscreen etc but i think these are more expensive.

Do your home work dude.

Regards
Adnan Rafik
UG Leader Techies