Security Basics mailing list archives

Setting up BIND on SunOS

From: V1N0D <vinod.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:25:22 +1100

Hi Group,
I need to set up DNS server on SunOS 5.10.
The external DNS server will be placed over the Internet where as the
internal DNS will serve the companies internal network.
I guess the internal DNS server should do most of the caching where as
the external DNS server will server as the primary or Master DNS
server.

Can any of the group memebers post any reference materials in set up
BIND on SunOS ?
what are the security constraints to be followed in setting up a DNS server ?

Any pointers in this direction is much appreciated.

Thanks
Regards

--
Vinod Gadgoli
Systems Security Engineer  (MS Information Security)

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus