Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: System 32 folder opens during start up

From: "Jon Gucinski" <Jgucinski () midwestbank com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:42:18 -0600

have you tried using msconfig to see what all is running at startup
and/or disable the process?

-Jon

<DMORROW5 () satx rr com> 3/9/2006 11:23 am >>>
I'm drawing a blank...

One of the computers that I maintain is giving me a headache. It's a
personal computer, and every-time it boots up, the system32 directory
folder opens up. I've looked in startup folders for all users, and a
few
other things, but cannot find the reason.

Any thoughts to turn this off? I suspect it may be in the registry,
but
I'm not definitely sure.

regards,

Dana

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with
it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all
copies.