Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Symantec Mail Security

From: Kenton Smith <listsks () yahoo ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:15:43 -0500 (EST)

We use it and it works quite well. We're in the gaming
industry and so we get lots of mail that would
normally be deemed spam, but is actually legit.
Therefore we have to do a lot of custom rules and I'm
not a big fan of how you have to go about that. I
think in a more conventional company you could lock it
down quite easily and it would do a very good job of
filtering.
Also, if you're going to run it on your Exchange box,
you need lots of CPU and RAM. It can suck up a lot of
resources if you get a lot of mail.

Kenton

--- "Kruse, Jordan" <jkruse () facilities buffalo edu>
wrote:

Hello,

I am looking into enabling the AntiSpam feature in
Symantec Mail
Security for Microsoft Exchange or purchasing the
Premium AntiSpam
feature. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on
the two options
available?

Thanks in advance for any input,

Jordan
University at Buffalo

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE -
ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled
Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched
consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals
with degree
customizations including Emergency Management,
Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital
Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus