Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache+Domain Authentication

From: Nick Owen <nickowen () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:01:26 -0500

Pimp mastermind wrote:
Hello all,
I have an apache server installed at my work now i restrict the access
by making a .htpasswd file and so on. We work in domain Active
Directory domain structure. The think i  want to do is to make the
site authentication via the user domain account ( domain\userid )  i
am really not familiar and i dont know where to start from. Could you
please help me?
Thanks a lot for you help

Pimp:

Perhaps mod_radius combined with the MS's ISA radius server?  Another
option would be auth_ldap direct to Active Directory. You may get some
additional flexibility with Radius, IMO.

HTH,

Nick

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus