Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detecting DC++-Hubs per NMAP

From: "William Starling" <overlord359 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:02:33 +0100

You will probably need to use nmap's version detection (-sV) to verify
that it is indeed DC++ on that port. To find it running on another
port, you will probably need to do a full port scan (-p 0-65535) with
version detection (-sV). If you save this to a file you can grep for
"Direct Connect" or something similar. Or you could just google for
hubs (which will be quicker)

Regards