Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: 'Read only' Admin privileges for Active Directory environment?

From: "Eric Pinkerton" <EPinkerton () soulaustralia com au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:52:29 +1000

If they grant read access to the AD, then it would likely be a matter of
seconds rather than minutes until the Infosec team came up with a
password for an account with full access, hence their efforts would be
in vain.

They should be applauded for their hesitance, but encouraged to think
about the problem they are trying to solve.