Security Basics mailing list archives

Security impact of disabling SSL closure alerts from Server?

From: Ravi Malghan <rmalghan () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 05:03:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi: I am some troubleshooting application issues
at the SSL layer. Based on some known IE bugs and
Cisco workarounds for the Content Switch with SSL
accelerator, we are planning to disable the
functionality where the content switch sends SSL
Closure alerts.

Wondering if anyone out there have any thoughts on if
this (disabling SSL Closure Alerts at server) will
have any impacts and/or if there are any security
vulnerabilities?

Thanks
Ravi