Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Executing app with admin privileges

From: "David Smith" <nich95ds () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:44:04 -0500

If I understand the Run As feature correctly, it gives a user "full local
admin privileges in order for (the app) to run". It does that and only that.
If a user needs admin privileges to run the app, right-click the executable,
click Run As, and select an Admin or a user with admin privileges. It's not
actually giving the user full admin privileges to the machine. It's only to
run the app. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?