Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSH server under attack...

From: pg_vlad () hotmail com
Date: 26 Jan 2006 18:56:30 -0000

I see this im my logs all the time. Usually it stops after 3 to 10 mins of attempting to get it. At first I had used
python to parse my logs then simply add the IP to my IPTABLES deny list, but why do that. I know what machines I use to
access my system, so I set up my SSHD to deny all but those I actually use.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus