Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Log

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:23:30 -0500

Chuck,

Actually MSFT has that feature built into it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application
or Security or System]
"MaxSize"=dword:06400000
"Retention"=dword:ffffffff
"AutoBackupLogFiles"=dword:00000001

Now the host will archive and store the event logs when they reach 100MB in
the default event log directory, using the following format:
Logname-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SSS-mmm.evt

Regards,

Dave

Dave Kleiman, CAS,CCE,CIFI,CISM,CISSP,ISSAP,ISSMP,MCSE

www.SecurityBreachResponse.com