Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DHS helping to secure open source code

From: Mike Fetherston <mike_sha () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:41:24 -0500

Do you have information on the sample for this study?  If this study took
vulnerabilities for each of the major distros, the actual vuln count could
be at 500 or less.  This would be assuming that each distro released a
security advisory for a package that is common across all (i.e. bind).  It's
easy to skew numbers this way.

Mike Fetherston