Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: stick a laptop to a LAN

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:09:16 -0500

I'm not sure of the details here, but this MAY be a possibilty.

Create IPSEC policies which allow the laptop to connect to only your
network (secure server required etc..).  Then lock down that snapin so
that only domain Admins can edit it.

Maybe others on the list can add more to this idea...?

Kind Regards,

Jason M. Beauford.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus