Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: email attachement/extension block list

From: "Aastra Security Support" <securitysupport () aastra com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:52:55 -0500

Hi,

I am looking at updating our email security in regards to blocking
attachments. So I am looking for a good recommendation of email
attachments/extension to block. Some of the basic blocks consist of Bat,
Cmd, Exe, Pif, Scr, Vbs, .Shs some of the blocks on the bubble are .Lnk
and .Url.

Other extension like .doc and .zip are a business requirement, so for
now we will allow then but we will scan for virus.

Your thoughts and inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paulo

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus