Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Log

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:33:10 +1100

Hi Rod,

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/monitor/logonoff.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/monitor/logevnts.mspx

and of course google
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=windows+2000+login+event+logging&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

cheers
Ivan

On 1/17/06, Rod <rod.rio () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Win2k Server, who is my Domain Controller, and I'd like it to
log only the LOGON/LOGOFF events. I know that there are a whole class
of logon/logoff events, but I´d like to log only when a user logon
into a machine in the domain.

Hope I was clear... thx

--
Rodrigo M. T. Fernandez
Departamento de Ciência da Computação UFRJ

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus