Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: new security tutorials (videos in flash) web site announcement

From: "Jim Halfpenny" <jim () openanswers co uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:08:04 -0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

  just a little note to let you know that I have created a new security
tutorials (videos in flash) web site.

  Feel free to visit it and let me know what you think about it and how
to improve it.

  http://undernewbie.free.fr/

  Have an awesome day you all :o)

  Gilles

Hi,
I'm afraid I did not find a lot of merit in these videos, and the
countermeasures suggested show that the author may not fully understand
the subject matter. Sorry to be so harsh in my criticism but I would not
suggest newbies use this resource to learn about information security
because there are too many inaccuracies and misconceptions.

I do feel that teaching by demonstraion is a very useful tool for
education.    This format is really good for teaching quickly, but a
voice-over as opposed to reading text make for shorter, punchier
demonstrations. Can I also suggest you do away with the <BLINK> tag?

Regards,
Jim Halfpenny

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus