Security Basics mailing list archives

Smart Cards implemetation

From: "Dudi" <dudi6 () zahav net il>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 02:52:39 +0200

Hey dear list,
I have got farm with servers and I would like to enforce smart card logon to them.
there are some problems:
Not all the users has smart card, but I can different them into groups.
Not all the servers are win2k3, some of them are win2k for example, and TS on win2k don't support USB redirection.
Some servers are old and don't even have USB.
What is the best solution for me? Should I enforce the computer account, user account, should I use GPO?

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus