Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tracking down anonymous user

From: "tima soni" <tima.soni () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:25:57 +0530

Hi Mike,

You may try to add another layer of authentication where in a user supplies
his/ her credentials before accessing any shared resource. We have this
implemented in our environment...

Passwords should never be shared. So you should also work on defining and
implementing a policy where in you can question the accountability of any
user using any account. Every user accessing any asset with in your
organization should have his/ her own unique user ID.

Regards

Tima