Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security policies - few questions!

From: "David A. Coursey" <dave () rootsec net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:19:16 -0500

|-----Original Message-----

We do both of the things that you say are not possible where I work.

Recently, someone was terminated for finding confidential documents and
storing them in a hidden directory on their workstation.  We are nowhere
near the level of the drug industry but we do have a little industrial
espionage going on that we need to protect ourselves from.

Also, we have about 1500 users and we store all email on the server.  SAN
space is MUCH cheaper than lost work and my time to recover data.  Then
there is regulatory compliance to think of... sigh.