Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Multihome based network attacks

From: "J Jude" <jmjudeb () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:28:41 -0700

We use simple hardware profiles.  When the user boots, they have to
choose between cabled and wireless.  In the former, the wireless NIC
is disabled, and in the latter, the Ethernet NIC is disabled.

For the most part, this works well, but MSWin sometimes reenables the
wireless card, e.g. if an administrative account queries the card
properties.