Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Couple of security questions

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:23:15 -0500

Security devices on a network are difficult to quantify when it comes to
successes.

Think of them as more of an insurance policy,  How you would measure the
success of your car insurance or home insurance?

You can take logs or alerts from the various devices and use these to build
metrics but these types of measurements are very subjective.