Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What is best way to log all traffic on a windows box?

From: "Nagareshwar Talekar" <tnagareshwar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:16:21 +0530

You can use windump ( windows port of popular tool tcpdump) . You can
setup the bpf filtering rules and monitor only required traffic.
http://www.winpcap.org/windump/install/

If you want to monitor more than one machine on your network , then
install snort
on the network and setup the rules for it. Its excellent and simple
way to catch these problems. Moreover its free...look here for more
details
www.snort.org