Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encrypting MS SQL databases

From: "MARTIN Benoni" <benoni.martin () arcelor com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:25:51 +0200

Hi !

Yep, I've been thinking yet about your idea, but there are 2 problems on this:
1. The guy would need to decrypt manually the file where are stored the database files before launching MS SQL Server,
what will not be acceptable by the clients :)
2. An auto-synchronization has to be performed by the laptops (between the local database and the central one) when
they are connected to one of our LANs. I doubt this can be perform automatically if the databases are encrypted :)

Bénoni.