Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Family protection - proxy?

From: "Michael J. Benedetto" <mbenedetto () amnh org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:47:35 -0400

Why not just do both? Have a proxy in place to block objectionable as best
you can AND talk to your child about why you don't approve of certain
content in the home.

I'm all about "defense-in-depth". I run firewalls, IDS, antivirus, and
antispyware on my systems to protect them. Why not show the same diligence
with my children and try to cover my bases as best I can.

-Mike